[scribus] Exporting a graphic frame

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Tue Mar 28 13:59:05 UTC 2017

On 03/28/2017 09:44 AM, Ken Springer wrote:
> On 3/28/17 7:35 AM, Gregory Pittman wrote:

>>> How about: Export page to pdf, then print this pdf to laser/inkjet
>>> printer. With scissors (or cutter) cut out relevant part and then scan
>>> it on a flatbed scanner. Send scan to yourself via E-Mail and save
>>> attachment in the correct directory.
>>>

>> One of the things about Ken's question is that he never said what he
>> wanted this clipped out/exported graphic for. An issue with your
>> solution is that you are transforming RGB to an inkjet printer output,
>> then scanning, with all the color shift and resolution loss inherent in
>> that process. For some uses, perhaps Ok, but for many others, not very
>> good.
>>
>> Greg
>
> A question, Greg,
>
> Do you think exporting a frame could be something that could be added to
> a future release?

The biggest question about that is how many users want/need that
capability? As you can see from the responses to your question, there
are many ways of accomplishing what you wanted in some way. We've got a
lot more urgent issues to solve. It might be better to figure out a way
of transferring the frame contents to either Inkscape or Gimp, whichever
is more appropriate.

Greg