[scribus] Quick route to story editor.

Rolf-Werner Eilert rwe-sse at osnanet.de
Thu Mar 16 14:46:28 UTC 2017

 > Instead of Content > Edit Contents of Frame, it might just say Edit
> Contents Mode (Story Editor also edits the contents of the frame).
> Instead of Edit > Text, just say Story Editor (Edit Contents Mode also
> is for editing the text)
>
> Some might argue that these are abstract terms ("Edit Contents Mode",
> "Story Editor"), but these are internal terms that are usefully
> introduced to users in this way.

Although it will result in two more items in the CM, I had the same idea.

However, I would try to find two terms beginning with the same word
(Text, Edit, or so). Then followed by another word depicting the method,
such as "Direct" or "In-Frame" vs. "Text Editor". (And to me, it's a
"Text Editor" rather than a "Story Editor", but I don't know how other
DTP products usually call it).

So I could imagine

Text - In-Frame
Text - Editor

or

Edit: In-Frame
Edit: Text Editor

or something like it.

I have to add that I am used to go over the tool button and do not use
the CM for it, and since I couldn't find it so well with the icon set in
1.4.x, I swapped the icon to something more visible for me.

And as we are just talking about it: Isn't it somewhat inconsistent to
have "E" for the in-frame editing and "Ctrl-T" for Text Editor? Wouldn't
"Ctrl-E" and "Ctrl-T" be more easily memorizable?

Just my 2 cents...

Rolf