[scribus] erratic cursor behaviour in 1.5.2

ZASKE Martin zm at revue-gugu.org
Mon Mar 13 10:04:02 UTC 2017

On 13.03.2017 10:43, Craig Bradney wrote:
>> But it is really bugging me today. Do any other users see this
>> behaviour? I tried several fonts and got the same. Do I need to file a
>> bug-report or is there some hidden logic behind this way of moving the
>> cursor.
>>
>> Just for comparison, I tried the same test with my 1.5.3svn and the
>> cursor behaves "normally". So maybe this is a known and fixed issue?
>>

>> Your input is welcome, thank you,
>>
>> Martin
>>
>> ___
>>
> The entire text system has been rewritten in 1.5.2 and 1.5.3 and thus includes better cursor handling. There's no point opening a bug for a problem that is solved in 1.5.3.svn however. Just wait for when we release that. Soon.
>
> Craig

Thank you Craig for this quick answer. There is always this fear about
each bug "that it could be my fault, that maybe I have messed-up my
configurations?". So having your confirmation is helpful.

We are still using 1.5.2 each week for production and the zombie-cursor
does not stop us from makings nices documents.

Looking forward to 1.5.3. Greetings to the developers, Scribus is an
awesome tool and still getting better.

Martin

--
ZASKE Martin