[scribus] Success!

scrib at wexfordpress.com scrib at wexfordpress.com
Sun Mar 12 17:28:48 UTC 2017

 From: "Gregory Pittman" <gpittman at iglou.com>
Sent: Friday, March 10, 2017 8:59 PM
To: "Scribus User Mailing List" <scribus at lists.scribus.net>
Subject: Re: [scribus] Success!
 On 03/10/2017 03:10 PM, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 03/10/2017 07:52 AM, scrib at wexfordpress.com wrote:
>> I'm stuck with 1.4.6 as my Opsys Repo (PClinusOS) wont update
>
> Have you discussed this with the people maintaining PCLinuxOS? They may
> be able to help.

That's all I have through Fedora also -- they only have the stable
version, and that's the last one.
You have to build your own to get 1.5.3svn.

 I installed Fedora on another partition just to be able to use the latest
rpm file of Scribus 1.5.3.
 But it errored off.

 As noted by many the appimage package doesn't work either.

 That was when I reverted to the jluc script. Nothing else works for me
except the the windoze nightly download
 and I do my best to stay off that partition.

 I will be glad when 1.6.0 finally appears (although my experience tells me
to not trust the zero  version of any software!)

 John Culleton

___
Scribus Mailing List: scribus at lists.scribus.net
Edit your options or unsubscribe: