[scribus] Success!

scrib at wexfordpress.com scrib at wexfordpress.com
Fri Mar 10 15:52:06 UTC 2017

 From: "Ian Whitfield" <whitfield at telkomsa.net>
Sent: Tuesday, March 7, 2017 1:04 PM
To: scribus at lists.scribus.net
Subject: Re: [scribus] Success!
 *Hi *

Please tell me about this "Script" to update Scribus??

I'm stuck with 1.4.6 as my Opsys Repo (PClinusOS) wont update and I
can't get AppImage to work with Scribus
(Another program I use, (Kexi), works fine with AppImage!!)

So am interested in this Update method.

Thanks

IanW
Pretoria RSA
 I had no luck with the appimage file either.

Ok some time back I downloaded a script by  Scribus expert Jluc. called
makesvn.
 The first part of the script includes all the variables you can change to
match your system.
 In particular I had to change the Qt5 line to match the release I have.

 You need to have the Qt5 libraries and cmake on your system. You need to
have the usual files
 for compiling from source: gcc etc. There may be other requirements that
you
 learn about on your first run. So you install them and run it again. My
system is
 slackware 14.2 so most stuff is there already..

 To avoid permission miseries I generally run it as root.

 I think Jluc doesn't update the script any more.

 Since the script downloads all the latest Scribus source and then compiles
it,  runtime is long.

 I will post my copy of the script, set up to use the latest svn version,
here:
 http://www.wexfordpress.com.makesvn

 Good luck!

 John Culleton