[scribus] Success!

Owen Cook owen.cook at gmx.com
Wed Mar 8 20:49:23 UTC 2017

> Don't know too much about QT I'm afraid. I can't find any reference to
> QT by going to 'About - Scribus' and as I said Don't even know much
> about QT ... Can I run it and if so how?? (and why??)
> .[This sounds a lot like 'Plasma' - I read stuff about it and it sounds
> interesting but can find no details on how and why I can get it or try it!]
>
> Anyway I went into my Packet Manager and did a search for "QT". There is
> LOTS of files there, most not installed but I did find that qt3-common,
> qt4-common and qt5-common ARE installed.
>
> Does this help??
>
> IanW
> Pretoria RSA
>

> On 03/07/2017 11:32 PM, Owen Cook wrote:
> >
> >> Please tell me about this "Script" to update Scribus??
> >>
> >> I'm stuck with 1.4.6 as my Opsys Repo (PClinusOS) wont update and I
> >> can't get AppImage to work with Scribus
> >> (Another program I use, (Kexi), works fine with AppImage!!)
> >>
> >> So am interested in this Update method.
> >
> > Hi ian,
> >
> > You might not be able to make use of it.
> >
> > When you go to Help->About Qt (or About Scribus), what version of Qt are you using. It needs to be at least 5.5
> >
> > John has all the dependencies so he can build the latest svn
> >
> > There are other dependencies as well that you will probably be missing or out of date.

Hi Ian,

You have to find qmake on your system, on LinuxMint I can do this;

owen at CQ43 ~ $ /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/qt5/bin/qmake -v
QMake version 3.0
Using Qt version 5.5.1 in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu

So it is qmake -v but make sure you go looking in the qt5 section, you will probably have qt3 and qt4 directories as well

Owen