[scribus] Page numbering

ZASKE Martin zm at revue-gugu.org
Wed Mar 8 18:38:55 UTC 2017

Dear Haakan, sorry for your troubles,

I did more testing after your second mail. I used an existing document
with six already existing pages. Then added page number into a master page.

Now I requested the master page to be applied to all six pages and I got
page numbers correctly visible for all pages inside Scribus.

But when I do PDF export from Scribus (default settings), I get only
pages 2 and 6 numbered nicely and empty boxes where page-numbers 1, 3,
4, 5 should be.

Then I tried another PDF export with outline-all-fonts (which is my
personal default because of our exotic language situation) and I got
pages 2, 4, 6 numbered nicely and no boxes, just white space, where
page-numbers 1, 3, 5 should be.

I agree with you now, that applying page-numbering to a master page and
then applying that modified master page to existing pages does result in
properly visible pages within Scribus and erratic PDF-export.

I did not try printing from Scribus, because I could re-create your
problem with the PDF-export and did not want to punish any forest for this.

Sorry, at the moment I do not have more time. But if you want to file a
bug report and mail the link, I will try again your "how to reproduce"
and will confirm to the bug-tracker for my system. Thank you for sharing
this information.

Personally I hope that you will find a workaround for the moment. You
might try to first prepare your master page and then have Scribus
generate fresh pages, while using the master page.

Then you could try copy&pasting your existing document from another
Scribus instance. I discovered once how to select an entire page (even
over several layers) by using the "Outline" window (menu > Windows >
Outline). You will loose the layer-information but might be able to
rescue your existing work from the former version. But I do not know how
extensive your document is and whether it would work on your system.

hth

Martin

--
ZASKE Martin