[scribus] PDF X-1a:2001 disappeared.

scrib at wexfordpress.com scrib at wexfordpress.com
Mon Mar 6 18:25:01 UTC 2017

 From: "Owen Cook" <owen.cook at gmx.com>
Sent: Saturday, March 4, 2017 5:22 PM
To: scribus at lists.scribus.net
Subject: Re: [scribus] PDF X-1a:2001 disappeared.

> When I follow my own instructions of 2009 I cannot find the above
> preference. This PDF format was always one of the
> bragging points of Scribus of yesteryear. I tried two recent versions:
> 1.5.2 on Windows 7 and a bleeding edge
> compile on Slackware linux . The popup instructions still mention it as
an

An alternative to Greg's solution is to turn Color Management on via the
"Toggle Color Management" icon on the right hand side of the menu bar. See
http://pcug.org.au/~rcook/scribus/Color-Management.jpg

Owen

 At the moment I am using  Scribus 1.4.6 to eliminate any bleeding edge
problems.

 On a test Document I made sure that color management was on. I also made
sure that under the color tab of
 the pdf export routine "printer" was chosen (this should be the default
imo)

 Still no X-1a:2001 choice.  The Chen book (2010 edition) says use Adobe
Acrobat Distiller to convert to the desired format.
 This is hardly an Open Source solution!

 I'll check on some of my older work to see how I handled this problem.

 Thanks as always for the suggestions.

 John C.