[scribus] Using the Appimage file version of scribus

scrib at wexfordpress.com scrib at wexfordpress.com
Fri Mar 3 18:08:58 UTC 2017

 Since appimage is not usable (at least not here) I decided to try the
Fedora rpg version. So I installed Fedora workstation
 ( a useful OS it seems.) When I unwrapped the scribus.rpg it balked
because a partiucular version of hunspell was not available.
 So I downloaded Libre Office which uses Hunnspell. The error message did
not change. So I went to the hunspall site. I downloaded what I thought was
Hunspell, I got a package named "hyphen" instead. It didnot help.

 If Scribus requires Hunspell of a certain vintage  I suggest it be
included in the rpg package IMHO. I use either the ispell spell checker or
the one built in to Gvim.

 John C