[scribus] Clipping

ZASKE Martin zm at revue-gugu.org
Thu Mar 2 09:27:52 UTC 2017

Hi David,

the more detail you provide for us, the better we can guide you. Most
important is what version of Scribus you are using, and next on what OS.

Assuming you have an image frame, and an image inside it, and selected
the beast.

Now open the properties window (F2) and go to the tab "Image" and play
with it. Literally play: Move it, strech it, virtually "crop" it etc.

If you still have questions, now you have the vocabulary to better
phrase your question.

Please also explain what you want to achieve in more detail: How to you
want it to look? Why Is the image not "right" for its frame? (In our
work-flow we prepare all elements in other expert-tools and then
assemble pages in Scribus.)

If you want to simulate an image "jumping out of its frame" you need to
understand that images cannot. They have to be inside the frame. But you
could make it look like a jump (or like popping out in your words), if
you select the image frame again and go > properties window (F2) > Shape
> Edit...

Now you can shape the image frame in any way you want. And if you know a
bit about vectors and a bit about bitmaps, you can create amazing effects.

Let us know, how you are getting on. Hth.

Martin

--
ZASKE Martin
responsable GʊGʊ