[scribus] Clipping business cards using a die

Václav Šmilauer eu at doxos.eu
Sat Jun 10 06:50:03 UTC 2017

> One suggestion I might make would be to think of the old adage of
> using 'horses
> for courses'. I would suggest that SVG might be a better vehicle for
> this rather than PDF. I seem to remember that Inkscape has various
> tools to
> generate 'clipping paths' which are fully editable node by node.
> These tools
> generate files of co-ordinates compatable with industry standard
> cutters.
Hi,
I am the OP of this question (few months back). What I did (and the
printing company had no issue) was to put 2 extra pages where the clip
boundary was as curve, they had no problem extracting that from the
PDF. I used that curve on the master page to make it visible with all
other pages, but removed it when exporting the print verion of the
final PDF for them.
SVG and inkscape are quite awkward (for me) when it comes to exact
positioning, not speaking about multi-page documents. I am happy I
could do it with the great Scribus :)
Cheers, Vaclav