[scribus] disembedding images

Václav Šmilauer eu at doxos.eu
Sun Jun 4 06:58:08 UTC 2017

Hi everybody,

I am working on a draft comic book translation created as scanned PDF
import and then overlay (another layer) of text frames. This works quite
well for my use-case except that the background images are saved every
time, which means every save writes something like 180MB of data, taking
a few seconds.

Is there a way to dis-embed all images from that particular layer, i.e.
have them saved as bg/pg-001.jpg &c so that the .sla file is
lightweight? I am quite profficient with Python (but never did scripting
in scribus); pointers in that direction are also very appreciated.

Cheers! Vaclav