[scribus] Laidout

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Fri Jun 2 13:19:16 UTC 2017

On 06/02/2017 02:28 AM, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 2, 2017 at 9:17 AM, John Jason Jordan wrote:
>
>> If you thought you had to create your artwork in Inkscape or the GIMP,
>> be aware that there is a new game in town. :)
>
> Laidout has been around since dawn of times :)
>
> And Tom has been visiting the annual Libre Graphics Meeting conference
> since 2009 or so.

Tom always gives an entertaining presentation at LGM about his new
features in laidout. My sense of laidout is that it is eclectic, and is
purely driven by the kinds of things that Tom wants to do, even if it's
just for the intellectual curiosity of doing it. He's particularly
fascinated by origami-like transformations of two dimensional to 3
dimensional objects.

Greg