[scribus] installing 1.5.3

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Wed Jul 19 17:08:52 UTC 2017

On 07/19/2017 12:35 PM, scrib at wexfordpress.com wrote:
> So I tried to work with the source code, loaded all the requirements
> mentioned in the BUILDING instructions, but still no joy. When running
> "'cmake ." I got this message:
>

>   CMake Error at
> /usr/share/cmake/Modules/FindPackageHandleStandardArgs.cmake:137
> (message):
>   Could NOT find TIFF (missing: TIFF_LIBRARY TIFF_INCLUDE_DIR)
>
>  So I have these questions:
>  1. Since I have no need for tiff files can I eliminate this requirement
> from the source package somehow?

No.

What you need is the libtiff-devel package. Generally speaking, when
cmake says something is missing, what you need is the -devel package for
it (in Fedora).

You can look at this page:

https://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Building_SVN_versions_with_CMake

for a list of all the requirements, and optional packages.

Greg