[scribus] several versions on OpenSuse Leap 42.2

David Copeland david.copeland at rogers.com
Thu Jan 26 16:55:04 UTC 2017

Hi Martin,

On 26/01/17 11:35 AM, ZASKE Martin wrote:
> Thank you Dave,
>
> with this information "you replaced" I know that I do not need to search
> any longer for the version 1.4.6.
>
> I am still hoping for some workaround which could use both existing(!)
> packages without the need to build myself.

> I think of something like manually downloading the packages again and
> then telling the package manager on the command line to install, but in
> a non-default location. Is that possible?
You can reinstall 1.4.6 with yast. Then when you build 1.5.2 from source
you can install to a location of your choosing.

> Also good to hear that there are other users of OpenSuse out there. Is
> there a step-by-step howto for building from SVN for our distribution?
> No time this week, but maybe later on my own machine.
Yes, do a Google search on "building scribus with cmake" will direct you
to several sources of information on how to build from source. Two are:

https://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Official:Compile_with_CMake

and

https://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Building_SVN_versions_with_CMake

> Martin