[scribus] Scribus 1.5.3 - Import text curious behaviour

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Thu Jan 26 14:43:22 UTC 2017

On 01/25/2017 09:45 PM, Doug Hutcheson wrote:
> Fedora 25, Scribus 1.5.3 svn
>
> Feedback on the testing version - is there a better place I should send
> this to?
>
> I created a new document ten pages long. On each page I created a text
> box the full size of the available space (i.e. not including margins).
> I linked all text boxes. I then imported a long document containing a
> number of paragraph styles and fonts.
>
> Every page of the Scribus document that started with text in a
> monospace font (i.e. computer code listing) has the text box displayed
> with a mid-grey background; every page the started with any other font
> displayed with no background.

Post a bug if you want to. You should, if you can, include the file that
was imported. You didn't say what format it was in. Scribus usually does
pretty well with ODT format as far as styles (ODT would be from
LibreOffice or OpenOffice), and there is some ability to import HTML
(but a lot of tags that get ignored), and usually DOC files only import
the text without any formatting.

I wouldn't consider an unwanted background color such a big deal - just
edit the imported style to get rid of it.

Greg