[scribus] Spell checker

Doug Hutcheson owlbrudder at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 21:34:18 UTC 2017

> Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2017 17:39:54 -0500
> From: Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com>
> Subject: Re: [scribus] Spell checker

> On 01/24/2017 04:56 PM, Doug Hutcheson wrote:

I have found the immediate cause: the version of Scribus 1.4.6 in the
Fedora repositories does not include libhunspellplugin. I tried copying
the version of this file which was created when I compiled 1.5.3, but
1.4.6 could not load it. Now the question is what happened to this file
in Fedora 25?
On Tue, 2017-01-24 at 16:03 +1000, Doug Hutcheson wrote:

Further to my earlier post, I have compiled the 1.5.3 testing-only
version and spell checking is working as it should. What could be
wrong with my 1.4.6 version?

> I think the answer is for you to compile your own 1.4.7svn, if you want
> a version in the 1.4.x series with hunspell.
> We don't have any control over what Fedora includes in the versions in
> their repositories. For some time they refuse to include our online
> manual. Perhaps the version in the repository uses aspell.
>
> Greg

Greg, I think I will stay with 1.5.3 for the moment, as I may be able
to contribute comments to the development team, in return for the help
I have received with my problem.

Kind regards,
Doug