[scribus] Spell checker

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Tue Jan 24 22:39:54 UTC 2017

On 01/24/2017 04:56 PM, Doug Hutcheson wrote:
> I have found the immediate cause: the version of Scribus 1.4.6 in the
> Fedora repositories does not include libhunspellplugin. I tried copying
> the version of this file which was created when I compiled 1.5.3, but
> 1.4.6 could not load it. Now the question is what happened to this file
> in Fedora 25?
> On Tue, 2017-01-24 at 16:03 +1000, Doug Hutcheson wrote:
>> Further to my earlier post, I have compiled the 1.5.3 testing-only
>> version and spell checking is working as it should. What could be
>> wrong with my 1.4.6 version?

I think the answer is for you to compile your own 1.4.7svn, if you want
a version in the 1.4.x series with hunspell.
We don't have any control over what Fedora includes in the versions in
their repositories. For some time they refuse to include our online
manual. Perhaps the version in the repository uses aspell.

Greg