[scribus] Mockups of documents produced with Scribus

Václav Šmilauer eu at doxos.eu
Tue Jan 10 14:07:06 UTC 2017

For the record, I got some result using woodem.org for deformation,
exporting the mesh into POV-Ray with uv coordinates (properly assigning
vertex normal in folds and outside of them), and using PDF page
(rasterized as PNG) as a texture over the mesh object; I did not play
with other objects in the scene (simple wood texture with normal
modulation under the paper), this is rendered with antialiasing (but no
focal blur and stuff):

This is the full resolution http://i.imgur.com/7qF8LmC.jpg . If we had a
library of several of such input files for POV-Ray (mesh with certain
type of folds and such, maybe with some pretty objects like pen or
lamp), simple script to produce a mockup for any document would be quite
easy to do. Or even a video of someone leafing through a book :).

It seems this could be done (perhaps more simply) with blender;
woodem.org uses FEM membrane elements with detailed contact mechanics,
but that's what I know the best and used.

Cheers! Vaclav