[scribus] designing instructional posters on code/programming -- lots of syntax highlighting

Owen Cook owen.cook at gmx.com
Thu Jan 5 22:30:59 UTC 2017

> Hello folks :)
>
> I would greatly appreciate some advice about what direction to go...
> realizing this may be a bit of a rabbit hole that might require I spend
> several hours learning various things, if it's a rabbit hole indeed I'd
> like to avoid travelling the wrong tunnels if possible...
>
> I need to design informational/instructional posters that have lots of code
> samples in which the code is properly syntax-highlighted like you'd see in
> Kate/Gedit/Vim/any IDE etc.
>
> What approach should I take for this?

I have been following the ensuing thread. Perhaps try this;

1.   Use Vim (the latest version on Linux Mint 18.1 is what I used)

2.   Drop your code into vim

3.   Then print the file to postscript

     :hardcopy >file.ps

4.   Open Scribus (I am using the latest 1.5.3 and import your ps vector file.

All good, an example is

http://members.pcug.org.au/~rcook/scribus/perl_poem.ps   (original ps)
http://members.pcug.org.au/~rcook/scribus/perl_poem.sla  (A0 size sla)
http://members.pcug.org.au/~rcook/scribus/perl_poem.pdf  (resulting pdf)