[scribus] designing instructional posters on code/programming -- lots of syntax highlighting

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Thu Jan 5 15:35:58 UTC 2017

On 01/05/2017 09:58 AM, Fahad Al-Saidi wrote:

>> Hi Alec,
>>
>> Please try the following: Enable sytax hightlighting for the language you
> are using in Kate or KWrite (assuming you are using Linux or *BSD). Export
> the file as HTML.
>>
>> Launch LibreOffice Writer (*not* LibreOffice Writer Web), open the HTML
> file and save it as ODT. You can then import the ODT file into a Scribus
> text frame with all colours intact.
>>

> This seems like a great solution, though I can't seem to get it to work.
> I get the HTML markup in LibreOffice, and then in Scribus after saving
> as ODT.
>
> Greg
>
> ___
>

> The above solution doesn't work for me but what works for me is copying the
> code from firefox and paste it into libreoffice writer then save it as ODT
> then import it into scribus.

I couldn't get this to work either and retain syntax highlighting. I was
able to get it to work by exporting as PDF from LibreOffice after
pasting from the browser, but the downside was that in KWrite I use a
colored background, which came through to LO and then the PDF.

For me, KWrite -> export as HTML -> print as PS file -> import to
Scribus as vector works the best, and eliminates the extra step of
LibreOffice.

Perhaps there is some setting in LO to interpret the HTML markup.

Greg