[scribus] designing instructional posters on code/programming -- lots of syntax highlighting

"Christoph Schäfer" christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Thu Jan 5 06:52:03 UTC 2017

> Gesendet: Mittwoch, 04. Januar 2017 um 16:00 Uhr
> Von: "Alec Hill" <bulk at ahill.io>
> An: scribus at lists.scribus.net
> Betreff: [scribus] designing instructional posters on code/programming -- lots of syntax highlighting
>
> Hello folks :)
>
> I would greatly appreciate some advice about what direction to go...
> realizing this may be a bit of a rabbit hole that might require I spend
> several hours learning various things, if it's a rabbit hole indeed I'd
> like to avoid travelling the wrong tunnels if possible...
>
> I need to design informational/instructional posters that have lots of code
> samples in which the code is properly syntax-highlighted like you'd see in
> Kate/Gedit/Vim/any IDE etc.
>
> What approach should I take for this?

Hi Alec,

Please try the following: Enable sytax hightlighting for the language you are using in Kate or KWrite (assuming you are using Linux or *BSD). Export the file as HTML.

Launch LibreOffice Writer (*not* LibreOffice Writer Web), open the HTML file and save it as ODT. You can then import the ODT file into a Scribus text frame with all colours intact.

HTH,
Christoph