[scribus] Frame captions

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Wed Jan 4 14:58:50 UTC 2017

On 01/04/2017 02:18 AM, "Christoph Schäfer" wrote:
>> Gesendet: Dienstag, 03. Januar 2017 um 17:57 Uhr
>> Von: "Gregory Pittman" <gpittman at iglou.com>
>> Betreff: Re: [scribus] Frame captions
>>
>> I've written a script, a series of scripts really, to create caption
>> frames. Here it is on the wiki:
>>
>> https://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Creating_Text_Frames_for_Image_Captions
>>
>> There are 5 scripts, the first four of which place the frame in a set
>> position, bottom, top, right, or left. The last one is the previous 4
>> mashed together, allowing you to input the location. You can select one
>> or more frames to operate on at a time, but only one location for each
>> running of the scripts. Since I didn't error-check for image frame(s),
>> you could actually create "captions" for any kind of frame.
>>
>> Greg
>
> Thanks! I think we should add caption.py to the default script in 1.4.7/1.5.3. That's a good enhancement.

I occurs to me that these frames might be a useful alternative to the
current footnote (dys)function. In some ways a bit more manual, but not
so much more, and certainly more easily editable. You can even weld them
to the parent frame if you like. I have a hard time understanding how to
edit the notes styles, but I know how to create a caption/footnote
paragraph style, and you can even add Paragraph Effects.

Greg