[scribus] Frame captions

Peter Nermander peter at nermander.se
Tue Jan 3 12:59:25 UTC 2017

> In Microsoft Word, inserting a caption is really just a shortcut for
> inserting a new paragraph with the caption style and some automatic
> numbering fields already in place. Once placed, it's just a normal
> paragraph though.

And you are also very limited in the placement of the caption.

> You need to manually create it. Usually I create the image frame and text
> frame for the caption, and then just group them.

Which means you can choose any location for the caption, above, below, on
the side, on top of the image or even behind the image (makes sense only
for transparent images though:) ).

And you can also send such a combination to the scrapbook, to be able to
reuse it.

/Peter