[scribus] Frame captions

David Goss goss at fstrf.org
Tue Jan 3 12:41:31 UTC 2017

> When you insert a frame in many word processors, you have the option of
> automatically adding a caption for the frame?

In Microsoft Word, inserting a caption is really just a shortcut for
inserting a new paragraph with the caption style and some automatic
numbering fields already in place. Once placed, it's just a normal
paragraph though.

> Is this possible in Scribus 1.5.1, or do I have to manually create a
> frame for caption text?

You need to manually create it. Usually I create the image frame and text
frame for the caption, and then just group them.

I'm not really sure how I'd expect a special captioning feature to work in
Scribus. I use the same basic approach for captions in both Scribus and
InDesign.

--------------------------------
David Goss, Technical Writer
Frontier Science (www.frontierscience.org)
LDMS (www.ldms.org)

When you insert a frame in many word processors, you have the option of
automatically adding a caption for the frame?

Is this possible in Scribus 1.5.1, or do I have to manually create a
frame for caption text?

The word "caption" seems to be scare in the installed manual or the wiki
help when checking out working with frames.

--
Ken
Mac OS X 10.11.6

___