[scribus] Errror 6, again

Owen Cook owen.cook at gmx.com
Fri Feb 24 23:48:38 UTC 2017

> > For several releases now I get a Signal 6 error when I try to add or
> > modify a paragraph style. I haven't determined yet
> > what is the last release that doesn't have this error. But what I need

> Hi John,
>
> It is possible that something has got out of kilter. Can you start your
> version of Scribus from the command line, invoke an error and then look at
> your console and advise the output from the failure.
>
>  Here is the error mesage:

>   bash-4.3# ./scribus-1.5.3.svn
> pathForIcon: Unable to load icon
> /localbin/scribus153svn/share/scribus-1.5.3.svn/icons/1_5_1/zeichen.png:
> File not found
> ASSERT: "di != -1" in file
> /root/dev/scribus/svn/scribus/ui/smcstylewidget.cpp, line 379
> scribus-1.5.3.svn: /root/dev/scribus/svn/scribus/scribuscore.cpp:89: void
> abort_on_error(QtMsgType, const QMessageLogContext&, const QString&):
> Assertion `false' failed.
> Scribus Crash
> -------------
> Scribus crashes due to Signal #6
> bash-4.3#

Hi John,

Most strange.

Do you have a /localbin/scribus153svn/share/scribus-1.5.3.svn/icons/1_5_1/ directory?

In my installation, I have a .. /share/scribus/icons/1_5_1/ directory (plus a 1_5_0 directory)

Do you have a file zeichen.png or is it Zeichen.png, Try # find /localbin/scribus153svn/share -iname zeichen.png

If the upper case version, copy it as zeichen.png so you will have both.

Then try starting it from the command line again.

Owen