[scribus] Some observations after using 1.5.3 for a while

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Fri Feb 24 14:35:44 UTC 2017

On 02/24/2017 08:14 AM, ale rimoldi wrote:
> hi ian
>
>>     /[ianwh at localhost Scribus]$
>>     ./scribus-git51e1f0d-glibc2.14-x86-64.appimage//
>>     //Could not find platform independent libraries <prefix>//
>>     //Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>//
>>     //Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]//
>>     //ImportError: No module named site/
>>
>> No idea about this - any ideas from your side??
>
> i could test the appimage here and it does work.
>
> from the error you're getting i can trry to guess that you missing
> libpython for python 2...
> can it be this?
>
> i think i've read somewhere that there was a problem with embedding it
> in the appimage...
>
> i love the idea behind the appimages, but i have not much experience
> with them yet.
>
> so, are you missing libpython and the appimage does not contain it?

I gave up on appimages, because I was getting this problem, and when I
"corrected" it by putting in some commands so the appimage could find
Python, then some other applications had trouble with Python, so to me
it wasn't worth it.

Considering no other apps have trouble finding Python, this is some
defect in the appimage.

Greg