[scribus] more users for testing 1.5.3

ZASKE Martin zm at revue-gugu.org
Fri Feb 24 11:01:58 UTC 2017

Dear a.l.e,

you are my hero. You are very direct, but you know your stuff. Respect.
I was not grumpy, because I was stuck: I was grumpy because the
documentation felt like it was all over the place and I tried following
previous advice from this list and then you told me that my efforts were
useless. Never mind.

As I said before, I want to make documents for our language, not mess
with the underlying IT, when other people are so much more competent in
that area.

So, I can report success, as of last night and this morning: I went and
looked over your own write-up for compiling and I liked it. That shall
be my plan B.

Then I went to the ppa archive and added that repository. And then I
"just" installed a fresh version 1.5.3 and next to it (yeah) the version
1.5.2, aka Scribus-ng. This worked just fine, no problems and both
programs seem to be functional by first quick test.

This means that now I can test 1.5.3 on my own Windows 10 machine and in
my virtual Ubuntu. I will not actively search for bugs, but will try to
report if ever I find something which would hurt our documents.

Then I just went this morning and started learning about AppImages and I
love the concept. Linux is a beautiful idea. But being spread thin into
all those distros was always a pain for me. If you run a busy office
with need for a mix of tools, you keep hearing that you got the wrong
distro for this or that. (Linguistics, audio-studio work, Publishing)

So hopefully later, I can report, that we got tests running on several
OpenSuse machines too. What I am seeing of 1.5.3 so far, is definitely
worth the hassle of keeping more than one version.

Thank you a.l.e!!! All is well, greetings to the group. Guess what, I am
promoting Scribus all over Benin and Togo.

Martin

--
ZASKE Martin
responsable GʊGʊ