[scribus] Some observations after using 1.5.3 for a while

ZASKE Martin zm at revue-gugu.org
Wed Feb 22 17:15:22 UTC 2017

Thanks Doug for sharing about 1.5.3

Right now I am trying to compile - but now struggling to download a lot
of QT5 stuff for my Ubuntu virtual machine (there was some "linguistic"
stuff missing in my packet-manager, so now I go for the entire installer
from the QT website). 1.5.3 will be awesome for our language.

I tried your "problem" on Windows 10, with Scribus Version 1.5.3.svn
(which I got from that pre-compiled-place as shared on this list a few
days ago).

on my humble Dell with just an i5 (from 2015 I believe) with 16GB RAM,
and "Adjust Frame to Image" is entirely instantaneous - like on my other
Scribus versions 1.4.6 and 1.5.2.

hth, Martin

--
ZASKE Martin