[scribus] Importing user created templates

ZASKE Martin zm at revue-gugu.org
Sat Feb 18 12:55:17 UTC 2017

Since this list is so helpful, I took some time and found this:

Scribus 1.5.2 running in French on

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit running in English and German

I make a document and then save as template (all naming approximative
because of the French gui) CTRL+ALT+S

Scribus is first asking me to chose a folder and is proposing this:

C:\Users\my_username\AppData\Roaming\Scribus\templates

I even made a subfolder (inside \templates) and named it
my_templates_for_testing

Next Scribus is asking me a name for my new template and I get creative
naming it my_first_template. I can even fill many more details like
categories, dimensions, author-name etc etc; all this also very obvious
and helpful to offices with many different templates or shared
responsibilities.

When I now want to create a new document from my own template I just
select new-from-template in the file-menu  CTRL+ALT+N

It is giving me a nice window with folders on the left and little
pre-view-thumbs. And guess what, my own fresh folder is listed on the
left right among the existing default folders (brochures, flyers,
letters, etc.) but it is not giving my self-chosen name, but is called
something generic in French (modèles personnels).

This is no problem for me, still very obvious, but potentially a problem
for users who want to create a massive and deep structure of personal
template folders-and-subfolders with their own naming.

Once I have created my new document from the template, it shows an
interesting name on the window-title-bar until I first save it,
reminding me of its origins.

All this looks very obvious and "right" to me. I also keep running a
1.4.6 on my machine in parallel and a recent pre-compiled 1.5.3. My
Windows is far from a fresh install, having seen many experiments and
adventures. So well done Scribus-team!

Hope this helps some users,

Martin

--