[scribus] Importing user created templates

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Fri Feb 17 15:26:28 UTC 2017

On 02/17/2017 03:04 AM, Rolf-Werner Eilert wrote:
> Am 17.02.2017 08:08, schrieb tomas:
>>   template directory ~/.scribus/templates for the current user or
>> PREFIX/share/scribus/templates for all users in the system.
>>

> Hmmm - when I open File - New from Template, I get a choice of
> templates, but it is not visible where they come from.
>
> Under ~/.scribus/templates I found some templates I once made my own -
> and forgot :)
>
> /usr/share/scribus doesn't exist, so where is PREFIX on my system?

This is something that needs some documentation where people can find
it. I can't even find all of it.
For 1.4.x series, configuration files were in $HOME/.scribus on Linux.
Now with 1.5.x, they are in $HOME/.config/scribus.
On Linux, you can normally expect things like templates in
/usr/share/scribus/.

On Windows, things seem to be quite similar for 1.4.x and 1.5.x, where
you should find these things in Local Disk(C:)/Program
Files/ScribusVersion/share.
I don't know where the prefs and rc files are in Windows.

I can't seem to find the Main Scrapbook directory anywhere in Linux
(1.5.x) or Windows (any).

Greg