[scribus] Question from a complete newbie

Geoffrey Dow geoffdow at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 03:12:32 UTC 2017

I produced a text-heavy book using Scribus in 2013, so my insights into the
software are out-of-date. (That said, I'm *really* looking forward to using
the latest stable version on my next project!)

However, at the time at least, Scribus wasn't the recommended software for
creating an ebook. My ebook version was a document produced using
LibreOffice, and saved as a .doc. Point being, most ebooks do away with the
complex formatting Scribus affords, unless you intend to release your book
as a .pdf file.

I found the instructions available through Smashwords very easy-to-use:
https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/52.

Geoff

Geoffrey Dow, www.ed-rex.com | https://twitter.com/ed_rex
The Old Man's Last Sauna now