[scribus] clipping page to non-rectangular shape after printing

Peter Nermander peter at nermander.se
Fri Feb 10 10:06:47 UTC 2017

> My idea was to use some kind of mask drawn with Scribus vector line tool
> or by another program. The mask would be transparent where the cards are,
> and colored in between them.
>
> The mask could be placed in a layer above the cards to be able to switch
> it on or off, and when you export this document to a pdf, the cutter RIP
> should be able to extract the mask's curves and use them for cutting.

I think that could work, if you put the mask on a separate layer it can be
toggled both for visibility and for print.

Give it a try.

It might however be better to place a layer with the shaped "paper" behind
everything (instead of putting a mask in front of everything).

But it depends a lot on what capabilites the RIP has.

/Peter