[scribus] Fwd: Re: Wieder zurück mit Problemen

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Tue Feb 7 15:43:01 UTC 2017

On 07/02/17 16:30, Rolf-Werner Eilert wrote:
> Am 07.02.2017 16:03, schrieb Gregory Pittman:

>> I still don't understand what doesn't work about it, what the expected
>> behavior is, and how it fails to accomplish this.
>> I don't find "it's broken, fix it or delete it" a helpful request
>> (actually sounds like a demand).
>>
>> Greg
>>

> Actually I use it in some of our prospectuses and find it too roundabout
> to have to type the text for each entry myself instead of using the text
> of the headline (or part of it). This way, I could really write the
> whole thing myself. Furthermore, the whole procedure seems to be "von
> hinten durch die Brust ins Knie" (please translate me for the non German
> speaking community :) ).
>
> For a speedy workflow, I would expect to just
>
> - make a frame for the TOC
> - declare it to be a TOC and give it some name
> - mark some text or set the cursor into a (headline) paragraph
> - click somewhere or press a key
> - choose from a list the TOC it is intended to appear in

there is

https://github.com/aoloe/scribus-plugin-tableofcontents

which will probably work the other way round (in the same it works in
libreoffice):

- define a TOC as collecting a defined set of paragraph styles (h1, h2,
h3) and
- create on demand a TOC with a set of paragraph styles (toc1, toc2,
toc3, ...)

you will be able to define multiple TOC rules.

i'm stuck at setting the paragraph styles from the plugin.
the style gets applied but the change is not rendered until you deselect
the frame.

btw, if anybody has an idea how to get this function

https://github.com/aoloe/scribus-plugin-API/blob/master/src/scribusAPIDocumentItemText.cpp#L500

to work correctly, i'm happy for any hint!

ciao
a.l.e