[scribus] Fwd: Re: Wieder zurück mit Problemen

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Tue Feb 7 15:24:53 UTC 2017

On Tue, 7 Feb 2017 09:43:12 +0100
ale rimoldi <ale.comp_06 at xox.ch> wrote:

> On 06/02/17 22:16, Gregory Pittman wrote:

I do TOC manually of course when I (rarely) do a whole book in Scribus.
Scribus is my tool for book covers. For most books I use some form of
TeX, in recent years in Context. My first ebook on using Scribus for
covers I did in pdftex. In all forms of TeX the document consists of
plain text. I tend to use a template approach that allows me to break
down the task into several files and pass the general definitions on
from book to book.

In the file called macros.tex for that book I had
these definitions (among others):

----------------
\eplain.tex
\def\chapter#1{
\vfil\eject
\writetocentry{chapter}{#1}
\bf #1
\rm
}
-------------

Then in the body of the text I inserted in the appropriate space:
-------------
\readtocfile
--------------
and for each chapter:
-----------------------------
\chapter{What is a Book Cover?}
---------------------------
This requires two passes through the pdftex compiler, the first to
generate the TOC and the index files and the second to create the
finished pdf file.

Indexing is another feature not addressed by Scribus AFAIK.

This 2009 ebook is now obsolete. If you are curious you can download it
here
(after I post it later today of course):
http://wexfordpress.com/scribusebook.pdf
I will redo it in Scribus later this year...

--
John Culleton
Wexfordpress