[scribus] Number of folds in new documents

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Wed Apr 19 23:42:07 UTC 2017

On 04/19/2017 06:21 PM, STEVEN WALKER wrote:
> I have been experimenting with Scribus 1.4.5 to learn about it.
>
> I create a lot of custom page sized leaflets; usually in Adobe Illustrator and
> InDesign.
>
> These are "quick start guides" often with 5 and 6 folds across the sheet.
>
> I don't like where Adobe are going with their business model and I suspect
> Windows are about to go the same way.
>
> So I want to look at the options.
>
> The Scribus default new page gives options for 1 - 4 folds.
>
> Is there any way of either adding options for 5 and 6 folds.
>
> Or is it possible to edit this default set up so I can create as many folds as I
> like ?

I think what some have discovered is that this business of setting up
folds isn't really necessary. Realistically, you are creating single
pages that are going to be used by folding them into a number of divisions.

What you can do as an alternative is to create a custom page to whatever
dimensions are needed for the number of folds. Then use vertical guides
to mark where those folds will be.

For an example of how this works out in the process check the
flossmanual book on Scribus:
http://write.flossmanuals.net/scribus/introduction/

This was originally written in French, and later I translated to
English. Look at the chapter "Hands On" to see how this works.

Greg