[scribus] Scribus Generator: turn your data in beautiful documents

ZASKE Martin zm at revue-gugu.org
Thu Apr 6 12:42:17 UTC 2017

We are using this script (an earlier version) for several years now to
mail newsletters to "people in a database". There are issues, but we
need those feature and do not regret the time spent to tame this power-tool.

We know that we have all sorts of punctuation in our database like "Dear
Aunt, dear Uncle!"; so I hacked the script and it lets us pick our own
deliminator (Data Field Separator). (We are using "#".)

I believe this feature has made it long since into the main script - and
it can make all the difference on whether your data agrees with the
script - or whether you need to pre-process a lot.

Please give this a try, it is an awesome tool which has helped to move
many of our documents over from Corel Draw to Scribus.

I would encourage the Scribus team and the Scribus Generator team to be
friends (or stay friends if you are). There are certain things like
pop-up-windows upon each PDF-export which would best be fixed from the
Scribus end and which would boost performance and stability of the
script. I believe this script is a must-have for Scribus and should be
endorsed and encouraged by the developers in any way possible. We
appreciate it a lot.

greetings,

Martin

--