[scribus] Exporting a graphic frame

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Sun Apr 2 23:56:46 UTC 2017

On 04/02/2017 06:24 PM, Ken Springer wrote:
> On 3/29/17 8:09 AM, Gregory Pittman wrote:

>>> I know you're not a Scripter fan, but I think my solution would be
>>> scriptable -- just select the frame, run the script, and the script does
>>> the rest.
>>>

>> And so, here it is, the script:
>>
>> https://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Creating_an_Object-sized_Document
>
> It took me awhile to figure out how to run it, as I couldn't find any
> info on exactly what to do with the script.  But a long time ago, I
> think you had  told me what to do, and I managed to figure it out, and
> get it into the right folder.
>
> It ran, but it crashed.  Here's the text of the error from the clipboard:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<string>", line 10, in <module>
>   File "C:\Users\Wordworks\Programs\Scribus 1.5.2\share\scripts\Creating
> an Object-sized Document.py", line 27
>     else:
>        ^
> IndentationError: expected an indented block
>
> I've forgotten where the dialogue box said to file the bug, and if you
> give me that link, I'll be happy to file it.

No, don't bother to file a bug. I've noticed sometimes that when you
copy from the webpage of the wiki, the indentations can get messed up.
Try this:

Go to the webpage and select the tab that says View Source. Now go down
to the script and highlight from the line that says:

#!/usr/bin/env python

to the line that says:

scribus.messageBox("Finished", "Done!",scribus.ICON_NONE,scribus.BUTTON_OK)

then copy that, and paste to a file, save and run in Scribus.
If that doesn't work, let me know and I can just send you the file directly.

Greg