[scribus] pdf form: textbox entries get right justified

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Fri Sep 30 14:08:26 UTC 2016

On 09/28/2016 05:15 PM, Corey Moffet wrote:
> I have made a pdf form in Scribus and I'm pleased with the form layout.
> However, text that's entered in textfields gets right justified in the
> box.  This is particularly disappointing for large multiline entries that
> span the entire page.  I am still relatively new to Scribus, but it's not
> obvious to me where, or if, this behavior can be changed, nor have I had
> any luck finding information about this on the Scribus wiki.  Does anyone
> know how to get the text that's entered in a pdf form's textfield to left
> justify?

I checked this out in 1.5.3svn and couldn't see an issue. The settings
for PDF form textfields are admittedly not so straightforward.
There is only an implicit justification.
After you create your textfield frame, double click to bring up the
Field Properties dialog.
Under Options, choose for multiline text.
Under Format, you should have Plain Text selected, which should give
left-justified text. Currency and I think also Number and Percentage
will right-justify.

As I say, when I tried this and later entered multiline text in the PDF
form, it was all left-justified.

Greg