[scribus] Common cut sizes

Patrick patrick at spellingbeewinnars.org
Tue Sep 20 13:54:24 UTC 2016

Thanks Ale, Thanks William and thanks Gregory and Peter !

Lots of helpful suggestions here :)

I am in Canada, near Toronto, Ontario.

I have measured books that look to be about the right size.

9" X 7" would be a good size.

I heard back from one printing company that I have worked with. They
said these sizes are common:

8.5" x 5.5"
8.5" x 11"
9" x 12"

Now that I think about it, I agree with Greg, A4 is too big so letter is
out and 9"X12" even more so. 8.5" X 5.5" would be too small. I will keep
shopping around. Peter's links are excellent and I have read these
guides and will contact the suppliers mentioned in these articles.

Several of their common sizes look perfect. I think I can use 9"X7" +/-
1/2 an inch so there are lots of options.

Thanks again everyone, hopefully I will be able to Answer questions
about Scribus in a few months and pay the list back !

-Patrick