[scribus] Bad text came back from the printer, but why?

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Thu Oct 13 21:20:49 UTC 2016

> If you - or your program - can’t competently produce a press-ready document, it’s not the printer’s fault - it’s yours, and you can’t expect the printer to fix your errors or unravel the mistakes caused by your incompetence.
>
> Following the many conversations on these postings has been enlightening. Everyone seems to be excited about the whizkiddery of playing around with a typographical program, but no-one seems to be in the least bit concerned about the effect of incompetence and experimentation on their clients and the people who have to transfer their work to the printed page.

What we hear from Louis Desjardins is that the problem is that the
printers haven't and won't update their software, and don't seem to have
the desire to make sure that what they're being paid for they're
delivering.

Just because someone opens up a print shop doesn't mean they know what
they're doing.

Greg