[scribus] Nugeing text

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Thu Oct 13 19:34:57 UTC 2016

On 10/13/2016 12:34 PM, wena-parry at talktalk.net wrote:
> Re:  Nugeing text (Gregory Pittman)
> Thank you Gregory, but I still dont know how to tray that and see if it will do the job.
> May be I should explain a little further. I need to get just one mor word in a sentance, I haven any room to expand the text box.

Assuming that you're using 1.4.6 or similar, Owen's suggestion was correct.

Try it out this way:

Select the problem frame.
Go to the Text tab of Properties, and find the Advanced Setting subtab
and click that.
Inside you will see some spinboxes in the upper right. One of them has
an icon that looks something like "A|V".
Put your mouse over the spinbox to the right of A|V and run the
scrollwheel up and down and you will see the text look like it's
shrinking and expanding, but what is happening is that the spaces
between all the glyphs are changing, not the glyphs themselves. It
shouldn't take much adjustment to be able to fit one more word into your
text frame, probably no more than 1 or 2%.

What others were saying is that you can change the space just between 2
letters by putting the cursor between them. You can just change spacing
in a sentence or paragraph by highlighting one or the other.

Greg