[scribus] Bad text came back from the printer, but why?

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Thu Oct 13 13:14:08 UTC 2016

On 10/13/2016 03:54 AM, Lars Behrens wrote:
> Am Thu, 13 Oct 2016 08:28:31 +0200
> schrieb biw wien <biw1160 at gmail.com>:
>
>> - The fonts are embedded
>
> I usually outline all fonts instead of only embedding them before
> printing. This converts them from a font to a drawing object on my
> machine.
>
> That way one can be sure to eliminate font interpretation problems on
> different pcs/operating systems.
>
> Of course the resulting pdf is only for printing/displaying purposes,
> as there is no more searchable text in it.

Most likely, the answer would have been to outline the fonts. I think
this also illustrates the importance of being involved in the middle of
the process. A good thing to do here would have been to request to see a
proof before the final printing. Alternatively, you might have given
them a printout from your computer showing how you expected the font and
layout to appear. This way you would be able after the fact to say,
"Look at the difference between what I expected this to look like and
what you gave me."

Greg