[scribus] Nugeing text

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Tue Oct 11 16:33:57 UTC 2016

On 10/11/2016 11:25 AM, David Goss wrote:
> By the way, this is called kerning. There are a lot of reasons you may want to do some manual kerning (usually to fix pairs that aren't kerned well by your font)
> Some general tips can be found on this page:
> https://designschool.canva.com/blog/kerning/

The tooltip in Scribus says "Word Tracking", but kerning is what it is.
Squeezing in a word should be quite easy, but make your adjustments
small, maybe no more than 0.1% at a time. You don't have to adjust this
for the whole frame, but maybe just a sentence or paragraph. Ultimately,
you don't want the kerning to be obviously different from one paragraph
or one frame to the next.

For whatever reason, in 1.5.x, the icon is no longer A|V, but now TI,
but if you hold the mouse over the spinbox you should see the tooltip.


More information about the scribus mailing list