[scribus] Nugeing text

David Goss goss at fstrf.org
Tue Oct 11 15:25:37 UTC 2016

By the way, this is called kerning. There are a lot of reasons you may want to do some manual kerning (usually to fix pairs that aren't kerned well by your font)

Some general tips can be found on this page:


David Goss , Technical Writer 
Frontier Science | www.fstrf.org 
4033 Maple Rd, Amherst, NY 14226 
(716) 834-0900 extension 7204

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ian Whitfield" <whitfield at telkomsa.net>
To: "scribus" <scribus at lists.scribus.net>
Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2016 11:19:49 AM
Subject: Re: [scribus] Nugeing text

On 10/11/2016 05:04 PM, wena-parry at talktalk.net wrote:

> Is it possible
> in Scaibus to nudge a text together so as to get just one small word in to the
> text frame?

YES - Highlight the text and use 'Properties > Text > Advanced Settings, 
then adjust the spacing up or down with the A|V Spin Button.
Works like a charm!!

Pretoria RSA
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.scribus.net/pipermail/scribus/attachments/20161011/34304a70/attachment.html>
Scribus Mailing List: scribus at lists.scribus.net
Edit your options or unsubscribe:
See also:

This message was secured by ZixCorp(R).

More information about the scribus mailing list