[scribus] Symbol ignored for text flow

Václav Šmilauer eu at doxos.eu
Sun Nov 27 11:57:01 UTC 2016

Hi folks,

(running 1.5.3.svn with indigo dock, gite0da8fc), I wanted to use the
symbol feature for a circle repeated multiple times in the document
which should be flown around by the text underneath. What I am seeing is
that text flow respects the shape as long as it is a shape, but as soon
as I convert to symbol, text flow ignores it; it is in the correct layer
(above the text).

This image http://i.imgur.com/KTK1Y1k.png shows what happens: left
circle is regular shape, while right circle has been duplicated from the
first one and converted to symbol - yo ucan see the text goes through
the symbol, regardless of Properties > Group > Text Flow Around Frame
setting.

Is it something expected? Should I file a bug?

Cheers!