[scribus] skewed text frame & text distances

Václav Šmilauer eu at doxos.eu
Fri Nov 25 14:53:31 UTC 2016

Hi everybody,

I am creating a leaflet with skewed text frames -- the verticals are all
rotated by 10°. I would like to flow text into those frames keeping 5mm
clearance on both sides. I tried to set paragraph leftskip/rightskip,
but it seems to be effective relative to the text area bounding box, not
the actual shape on that line; the same happens with Text/Columns&Text
Distances (as suggested in
http://lists.scribus.net/pipermail/scribus/2015-April/051695.html),
where a thin line appears in that distance from the bbox vertical,
again, not skewed.

Is this something expected? For me definitely counter-intuitive. Is
there some workaround? I could move text frame nodes by those 5mm, but
it is a bit tedious in the absence of rotated guides.

Thanks for suggestions, cheers!

vaclav