[scribus] Strange: Printer prints low-res fonts alongside with graphics

Rolf-Werner Eilert eilert-sprachen at t-online.de
Wed Nov 23 11:33:03 UTC 2016

My OS is Linux. And I printed from a PDF, however not with AR but a
simpler one. Will try AR later, there is an old version on my computer
which I use whenever the other readers fail.

However, I'm not quite sure that this is the reason.

There are graphics on one page of the document, no graphics on the other
page (but only colored headers and boxes filled with a background
color). The fonts on the page with graphics look worse than those on the
other. I guess this is not a matter of the PDF reader, but either a
matter of Scribus making the PDF or a matter of printer options. My bet
is printer, because the same document printed on one of the other
non-color printers will look normally.

The same seems to happen in case of black-and-white printing: When a
graphic (picture, foto) appears on the page, the fonts on the same page
are printed "unsharp".

This happens on this printer only, it's the only color printer we have.
The PPD offers a number of settings, and my hope was to find someone who
could tell me "try this, then this" from own experience :)

Regards
Rolf