[scribus] sudden "disappearance" of DejaVu fonts

William Bader williambader at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 22 16:33:16 UTC 2016

From: Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com>

Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2016 9:36 AM
To: Scribus User Mailing List
Subject: [scribus] sudden "disappearance" of DejaVu fonts

Yesterday, suddenly DejaVu fonts no longer appear in any of my Scribus
versions, 1.4.6 (fedora 24 version), 1.4.7svn, or 1.5.3svn.
This is in spite of them still being present in /usr/share/fonts, and
being available for Libre Office. Running scribus from the command line
doesn't give me any feedback about fonts.

Greg

----

Hi Greg, Since it happened to all versions of Scribus, it probably has to do with Fedora. Maybe an update changed a library or moved files around. You can use 'rpm -qa -last | head' and 'dnf history list | head' to see the most recently installed packages and I think 'dnf history rollback #' to remove all of the updates from history ids greater than #. Regards, William