[scribus] correct cmake version for 1.5.3

John Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Sat Nov 5 20:53:14 UTC 2016

On Wed, 2 Nov 2016 22:20:20 +0100
JLuc <jluc at no-log.org> wrote:

> Le 03/11/2016 à 04:13, John Culleton a écrit :
> > I keep getting cmake failures when trying to use jluc's script
> > maksvn. Cmake version  is  3.7.0-rc2
>
> I dont compile now anymore but the error message could help helping.
>
> What is the error message ?
>
> JLuc
>

> ___
> Edit your options or unsubscribe:
> See also:
> http://wiki.scribus.net
> http://forums.scribus.net

Now I have a current cmake that error goes away but I get one like this:
CMake Error: The source directory "/home/safe/dev/scribus/svn" does not
appear to contain CMakeLists.txt."

There is no precompiled version for Slackware. Never has been.

I went to the bother of installing Ubuntu (ugh) to use the overnight
compiles for that OS but it doesn't have svn nor any easy path to it.
The precompiled version requires more knowledge of Debian than I have.

Since Jluc no longer builds from source I need a reasonable path for
Slackware that will allow me to create and update Scribus 1.5.3 for my
system. If anyone has a script that serves the same purpose as Jluc's
maksvn I would much appreciate a pointer to it. I want to update my
previous book on creating book covers using Scribus to be published
after 1.6.0 is announced.

--

John Culleton
Wexford Press